Factual morning and welcome to 10 Issues in Tech. If this grow to be as soon as forwarded to you, signal in here.
Let’s compile started.
1. Fb fired dozens of workers for abusing compile entry to to user data. Between 2014 and 2015, the firm fired 52 workers who exploited the information for private skill — including an engineer who primitive it to fetch a girl who left him after a combat. Extra on that here.
2. Invoice Gates discussed “messing up” in his marriage at Solar Valley’s billionaire summer season camp. In an “off the chronicle” Q&A session at the conference, Gates emotionally discussed his divorce from Melinda French Gates. Here’s what attendees talked about about his response.
3. Tesla and genuine-property huge Brookfield are constructing a neighborhood in Austin filled with renewable-vitality tech. The pass marks the most valuable formal neighborhood Tesla is constructing from the flooring up, and the properties will doubtless be equipped with Tesla solar roofs and battery storage. Be taught more in regards to the properties here.
4. A soccer NFT procuring and selling startup is closing in on the very best-ever spherical in French tech. Jap investment huge SoftBank is determined to guide a $530 million spherical into Sorare, which enables followers to trade digital taking half in cards. Expend a stare upon the most valuable points of the deal here.
5. A recent file shows tech workers are flocking to 10 surprising cities. The file ranked cities — beefy and minute — with the very best doubtless concentrations of tech workers. Peer the do apart tech workers are transferring.
6. 3D printers may well doubtless well grow to be the style trade. Being ready to download, print out, and recycle your garments — all by utilizing a private printer — is a step in direction of a more sustainable style future, in accordance to Refinery29. Read up on the vitality of private 3D printers.
7. Elon Musk claimed he grow to be down “plenty of high-paid jobs” on Wall Dual carriageway. One day of a court docket case on Tesla’s acquisition of SolarCity, Musk talked about he grow to be the jobs down to focal point on the booming tech trade. Here are four more of his wild remarks — including that he “hates” working Tesla.
8. An 82-yr-frail is heading to location with Blue Starting do apart and Virgin Galactic. Aviator Wally Funk, who is joining Jeff Bezos in location later this month, moreover plans on taking the Virgin Galactic outing she paid $200,000 for over a decade within the past. Salvage the most valuable points on her adventures.
9. Forward of its IPO, Bird says trade is rebounding — nonetheless key investor Constancy would no longer appear convinced. Constancy has slashed the cost of its shares, disclosing that its Bird stake grow to be as soon as worth half of of what it grow to be as soon as boring closing yr. Here’s what else you’ll need to understand.
10. Seven highly efficient folks in Biden’s administration are pushing to interrupt up Grand Tech. His recent executive uncover encouraging antitrust agencies to be more aggressive with enforcement opened a recent entrance within the federal executive’s combat to rein in tech giants. Meet the seven advisers at the forefront.
From our chums at Refinery29: Are attempting This AM, a everyday e-newsletter conserving you impressed and told.