UNCASVILLE, Conn. – MMA Junkie used to be on scene at Thursday’s official Bellator 256 fighter weigh-ins, where 25 of 26 warring parties made weight for the card.
The weigh-ins took site at Mohegan Sun Enviornment in Uncasville, Conn. The identical venue hosts Friday’s match, which has a serious card on Showtime following prelims on MMA Junkie.
Amongst other folks who made weight were most up-to-date heavyweight champion and broken-down mild heavyweight champ Ryan Bader (27-6 MMA, 5-1 BMMA), as effectively as Lyoto Machida (26-10 MMA, 2-2 BMMA), who meet in a rematch in the main match. That fight also is a quarterfinal bout in Bellator’s mild heavyweight match.
The one weight omit came by a preliminary card fighter, Jeffrey Glossner (2-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), who’s scheduled to fight highly-touted prospect Jaylon Bates (1-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA). As the weigh-in window expired, Glossner tipped the scales at 137.8 for a bantamweight fight.
Mohegan Sun commission head Mike Mazzulli told MMA Junkie that Glossner has been cleared to compete, nonetheless it’s as much as Bellator and the warring parties to advance wait on to phrases and produce the fight happen.
The pudgy Bellator 256 weigh-in outcomes encompass:
MAIN CARD (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET)
- Ryan Bader (205) vs. Lyoto Machida (204.6) – mild heavyweight match quarterfinal
- Liz Carmouche (125.4) vs. Vanessa Porto (126)
- Adam Borics (145.8) vs. Jeremy Kennedy (145.7)
- Olivia Parker (145.4) vs. Cat Zingano (145.2)
- Dan Moret (155.6) vs. Goiti Yamauchi (155.8)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 6 p.m. ET)
- Tony Johnson (185.2) vs. Dalton Rosta (185.5)
- Jessica Borga (145.2) vs. Talita Nogueira (146)
- Cass Bell (135.6) vs. Jornel Lugo (135)
- Nathan Ghareeb (143.8) vs. Cody Legislation (145.2)
- Jaylon Bates (136) vs. Jeffrey Glossner (137.8)*
- Nainoa Dung (155.9) vs. Izzy William (156)
- Diana Avsaragova (125.8) vs. Tara Graff (125.2)
- John Douma (135.4) vs. Will Smith (134.6)
Overlooked weight by 1.8 pounds; bout site to make certain