| USA TODAY
All season lengthy, the Alabama Crimson Tide’s offense gashed opponents and led the highlight reels.
Their top huge receiver, DeVonta Smith, obtained the Heisman Trophy — and performed fancy he silent had something to state. Mac Jones, in his first fats season starting under center, performed his approach into being a skill first-round NFL draft desire and became as soon as a fellow Heisman finalist. Najee Harris by hook or by crook completed fifth within the Heisman hurry, however cemented himself as essentially the most stylish elite Alabama running motivate. The offensive line became as soon as a Joe Moore Award Finalist, given to the nation’s top unit.
The person accountable for the attack, offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, became as soon as rewarded by being named head coach of the Texas Longhorns earlier this month.
So it became as soon as of runt surprise that it became as soon as this collection of players that rewrote a litany of Faculty Football Playoff and CFP nationwide championship sport records in Alabama’s 52-24 victory over the Ohio Command Buckeyes on Monday.
Faculty Football Playoff records region by Alabama
- Most parts scored by a crew within the title sport (52)
- Most parts scored in first half of of the title sport (35)
- Most passing yards in one half of (Jones, 343)
- Most passing yards in title sport (Jones, 464)
- Most receptions in title sport (Smith, 12)
- Receiving touchdowns in title sport (Smith, 3)
Observe Chris Bumbaca on Twitter @BOOMbaca.