Lymphocytosis (lim-foe-sie-TOE-sis), or a high lymphocyte count, is an amplify in white blood cells known as lymphocytes. Lymphocytes help combat off ailments, so it is modern to watch a non eternal amplify after an an infection.
A count vastly bigger than 3,000 lymphocytes in a microliter of blood is on the complete actually apt to be lymphocytosis in adults. In teens, the brink for lymphocytosis varies with age. It could actually presumably even be as high as 9,000 lymphocytes per microliter. The particular thresholds for lymphocytosis can vary somewhat from one lab to 1 other.
July 22, 2021
- Bain BJ, et al., eds. Technique to the prognosis and classification of blood cell disorders. In: Dacie and Lewis Shining Haematology. 12th ed. London, Eng: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 20, 2019.
- Davids MS. Technique to the adult with lymphocytosis or lymphocytopenia. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed June 20, 2019.
- AskMayoExpert. Lymphocytosis. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Basis for Scientific Education and Compare; 2019.
- Coates TD. Technique to the child with lymphocytosis or lymphocytopenia. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed June 20, 2019.
- Kaushansky K, et al., eds. Lymphocytosis and lymphocytopenia. In: Williams Hematology. Ninth ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2016. https://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Accessed June 20, 2019.