Following the dying of the Class One era, Wednesday’s check day marked the first legitimate DTM working with GT3 vehicles that can invent the basis of the championship in 2021.
An entire of four sessions were held within the route of the day, two of them shared with the GT4-basically basically basically based DTM Trophy, with a total of eight hours on-discover motion available within the market to the teams – even supposing the afternoon session used to be decrease-short due to the snow fall.
DTM newcomer Kelvin van der Linde space the early tempo for the Abt Audi crew on a cold chilly morning, environment a time of 1m36.867s to lead the AlphaTauri-livered Ferrari of 2020 Crimson Bull System 1 driver Alex Albon.
Haupt Racing driver Gotz sat third early on but improved to a 1m36.590s within the second morning session to snatch the head space, and his time remained unbeaten within the afternoon.
Gotz’s teammate Vincent Abril used to be the ultimate somewhat plenty of driver to beat Audi GT3 ace van der Linde’s early benchmark, ending the session second-fastest with a most productive time of 1m36.759s.
Crimson Bull-backed Liam Lawson carried out fourth-fastest within the abet of van der Linde within the lead AF Corse-bustle Ferrari, but sooner than the Physique of workers Rosberg Audi of excellent 365 days’s runner-up Nico Muller and teammate Albon.
Two-time DTM champion Marco Wittmann led the payment for BMW, ending up six tenths off the tempo in Walkenhorst’s sole M6 GT3.
Sheldon van der Linde used to be eighth for Rowe Racing BMW, whereas Gary Paffett ended up ninth on his return to the DTM with Mucke Mercedes.
GetSpeed’s check driver Fabian Scheller, sharing the crew’s #2 Mercedes-AMG GT3 with Arjun Maini, done the head 10 with a time of 1m37.349s.
2013 champion Mike Rockenfeller used to be classified 11th after taking up from Abt teammate van der Linde within the afternoon, whereas Lucas Auer (Winward Mercedes) and Timo Glock (Rowe BMW) carried out 14th and 16th respectively.
The closing session of the day used to be delayed by snow fall, with organisers waiting till 5: 10pm native time earlier than permitting vehicles to challenge out now not astray all another time. Nevertheless, most of the drivers elected to place within the storage, with Albon the ultimate exception as he done two set up laps earlier than returning to the pits.
Simplest 15 vehicles were indicate at Hockenheim on Wednesday, with Rowe Racing handiest bringing a single BMW M6 GT3 and Abt Audi working two vehicles for its trio of drivers. JP Motorsport, which is working a phase marketing campaign within the DTM with a McLaren 720S GT3 driven by ex-F1 driver Christian Klien, used to be absent from the check.
The Hockenheim pre-season check continues for a second day on Thursday, with one other eight hours of working scheduled all the method in which by strategy of four sessions.
Hockenheim DTM check – Day 1 outcomes:
1. Maximilian Gotz (Haupt-Mercedes) 1: 36.590
2. Vincent Abril (Haupt-Mercedes) 1: 36.759
3. Kelvin van der Linde (Abt-Audi) 1: 36.867
4. Liam Lawson (AF-Corse-Ferrari) 1: 36.897
5. Nico Muller (Rosberg-Audi)1: 36.945
6. Alex Albon (AF-Corse-Ferrari) 1: 37.091
7. Marco Wittmann (Walkenhorst-BMW) 1: 37.260
8. Sheldon van der Linde (Rowe-BMW) 1: 37.264
9. Gary Paffett (Mucke-Mercedes) 1: 37.291
10. Fabian Schiller (GetSpeed-Mercedes) 1: 37.349
11. Mike Rockenfeller (Abt-Audi) 1: 37.641
12. Daniel Juncadella (GruppeM-Mercedes) 1: 37.737
13. Philip Ellis (Winward-Mercedes) 1: 37.875
14. Lucas Auer (Winward-Mercedes) 1: 38.127
15. Sophia Floresch (Abt-Audi) 1: 38.394
16. Timo Glock (Rowe-BMW) 1: 38.466
17. Arjun Maini (GetSpeed-Mercedes) 1: 38.753
18. Dev Gore (Rosberg-Audi) 1: 38.831