General

Mick Brigden, tour supervisor for Rolling Stones, dies in accident whereas digging pet’s grave

Mick Brigden, a tour supervisor who labored with artists alongside side The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and Van Morrison, died on Sept. 5 after an accident at his house in Santa Rosa, California, his legitimate web trouble announced. He changed into as soon as 73.

Brigden’s well-known other, Julia Dreyer Brigden, suggested the Santa Rosa Press Democrat that her husband changed into as soon as on the property digging a grave for the household’s pet dog when the accident took space.

At some stage in his occupation, which spanned over 50 years, Brigden served as supervisor and motorway supervisor for the likes of Humble Pie, Peter Frampton, Taj Mahal, Morrison and Carlos Santana. He also directed tours for Dylan and the Stones, but he’s most attention-grabbing identified for the closing three a long time managing guitarist Joe Satriani.

Born in 1947 in Southend-On-Sea, England, Bridgen moved to Toronto at age 19 to pursue a occupation in graphic artwork. In the slack 1960s, he met Felix Pappalardi of the band Mountain, relocated to the U.S. and grew to alter into their motorway supervisor. He soon met Invoice Graham and started working for the legendary rock concert promoter, eventually main the management division of Invoice Graham Presents (BGP) alongside Arnie Pustilink.

Collectively in the slack ’70s, Brigden and Pustilnik launched the Columbia-dispensed mark Wolfgang Files, signing Eddie Cash as their first artist.

When Graham died in 1991, Brigden and Pustilnik banded alongside side 13 other BGP workers to acquire 90 percent of the firm, leaving 10 percent for Graham’s two sons. In the early 2000s, they sold the commerce, and Brigden primarily based MJJ Management, with Satriani as his most attention-grabbing client.

After a long time in Marin County, Calif., Brigden settled down alongside with his well-known other in Santa Rosa in 2001. Outside of music, he developed a passion for winemaking and cycling — his grapes hold been used to make an unusual Owl Ridge cabernet, and he rode a normal Bianchi steel-framed bike from Italy.

..it be been a loopy & shapely 33 years of rock ‘n’ roll. I’ve never labored so robust, played so robust, laughed and cried so robust, made so out of the ordinary music & had so many worldwide adventures, & all with Mick by my facet.. RIP Mick Brigden. Learn the stout essay at https://t.co/fXyB1x0YkM pic.twitter.com/chfcstnXtJ

— Joe Satriani (@chickenfootjoe) September 7, 2021

“Or now now not it is been a loopy and shapely 33 years of rock ‘n’ roll,” Satriani mentioned in a assertion following Brigden’s death. “I’ve never labored so robust, played so robust, laughed and cried so robust, made so out of the ordinary music and had so many worldwide adventures, and all with Mick by my facet.”

He added, “He changed into as soon as the ideally suited music commerce mentor. Factual, tricky, nurturing, hardworking, respectful, tenacious, insightful, he changed into as soon as all of issues and more. I discovered so out of the ordinary about methods to be a factual person from Mick. At some stage in his eminent occupation he labored the largest and the most attention-grabbing, but at all times knew it changed into as soon as principal to be style, be respectful, be frigid and enact issues the moral manner.”

Brigden is survived by his well-known other Julia, son Jack, step-daughter Jessica and grandson David Merz. Donations in Brigden’s name might well well even be made to The Humane Society of Sonoma County.

Related Articles

Back to top button
%d bloggers like this: