By Mayo Health facility Workers
Paella is a saffron-flavored rice dish made with meat, seafood and vegetables. This adaptation makes exercise of brown rice, tarragon and rooster.
Different of servings
- Healthy carb
- High Fiber
- 1 teaspoon additional-virgin olive oil
- 1 minute onion, sliced
- 2 leeks (white share most efficient), thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless rooster breast, slash into strips
- 2 gigantic tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, or to taste
- 2 cups paunchy-free, unsalted rooster broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped unusual parsley
- 1 lemon, slash into 4 wedges
In a gigantic, nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, leeks, garlic and rooster. Saute unless the vegetables are translucent and rooster is a minute browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and red pepper and proceed to saute any other 5 minutes. Add rice, tarragon and broth and mix successfully. Elevate to a boil.
Lower heat, duvet and simmer about 10 minutes. Creep in peas and proceed to simmer uncovered unless broth is absorbed and the rice is at ease, 45 to 60 minutes.
To lend a hand, divide amongst four particular person plates. Garnish every with 1 tablespoon parsley and 1 lemon wedge.
Dietary diagnosis per serving
Serving size: About 4 ounces rooster and 2 cups rice and vegetables
- Ldl cholesterol 83 mg
- Calories 369
- Sodium 182 mg
- Full paunchy 6 g
- Full carbohydrate 46 g
- Saturated paunchy 1 g
- Dietary fiber 7 g
- Trans paunchy Trace
- Added sugars 0 g
- Monounsaturated paunchy 2 g
- Protein 35 g
- Full sugars 8 g
- Meat and meat substitutes 3
- Nonstarchy vegetables 3
- Starches 2
July 14, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Food Lover’s Partner. third ed. Contemporary York, N.Y.: Barron’s Academic Sequence Inc.; 2001: 436.