Chelsea welcome Newcastle United to Stamford Bridge on Monday evening in the Premier League.
Thomas Tuchel’s side are on the payment in the league, successful three of their last four and are currently correct one level initiate air of the head four.
Meanwhile Newcastle are at the assorted quit of the table in 16th. They have not overwhelmed Chelsea since Can also merely 2012 at Stamford Bridge. A demanding evening is in retailer for the Magpies.
Listed below are the all crucial statistics sooner than Monday’s conflict in west London:
- Chelsea own finest lost one amongst their 25 house Premier League games towards Newcastle United (W18 D6), a 2-0 defeat in Can also merely 2012.
- Newcastle own lost their last seven away league games towards Chelsea, scoring correct three goals and conceding 18.
- Most effective towards Aston Villa (9) has Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud scored extra Premier League goals than he has versus Newcastle (8). Then all any other time, those eight goals towards the Magpies all got right here in his first six appearances towards them, with the Frenchman failing to rating in his last seven.
- Chelsea are taking a look to make a decision eight consecutive house high-flight suits towards an opponent for the first time since successful nine in a row towards West Brom between 1984 and 2013.
- Chelsea own won their last three Premier League suits, as many as they’d in their old 11 (W3 D3 L5). The Blues own conceded correct one goal in their four league games below Thomas Tuchel, while they’ve confronted on moderate correct five shots per game below the German, compared to 10.1 below Frank Lampard in the league this term.
- Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has never previously managed a high-flight match on a Monday – his last match in any competition on this expose day used to be in August 2016, leading Borussia Dortmund to a 3-0 pick in the first round of the DFB-Pokal towards SV Eintracht Trier 05.
- Newcastle own won two away Premier League games in London this season, beating West Ham and Crystal Palace. The Magpies have not won three in a season in the capital for the reason that 2013-14 campaign, beating Spurs, West Ham and Crystal Palace.
- Newcastle own won two of their last three Premier League games (L1), as many as they’d in their old 13 in the competition (D2 L9). The Magpies are taking a look to make a decision consecutive away league games for the first time since July 2020.
- Newcastle own lost 14 of their last 18 Premier League suits played on a Monday (W2 D2), failing to rating in 13 of those suits, including each of the last four.
- Miguel Almirón has scored three goals in his last four Premier League games for Newcastle, as many as in his old 32 in the competition. Then all any other time, all four of his strikes this season own attain in house games.