All americans from Ronald Reagan (1983) to Nancy Pelosi (2006) to Donald Trump (2016) issued calls to “drain the swamp.”
Then all another time, in a contemporary oversight file by OpenTheBooks.com, Mapping The Swamp, A Be taught about Of The Administrative Declare, we came upon that the federal company payrolls persisted to grow unabated.
President Trump was once holding the headcount of the manager agencies roughly flat thru at the very least 2018. Then, the pandemic pushed spending triggered a huge federal hiring spree in FY2020.
1. EXPENSIVE BUREAUCRACY: The federal disclosed team of workers costs the American taxpayer $2.3 million per minute, $140 million per hour, and $1.1 billion per day.
In FY2020, the federal executive disclosed 2.8 million workers — including 1.4 million executive company bureaucrats; 698,547 DOD workers; and 678,537 USPS workers — for an estimated entire compensation keep of $292 billion. (Arrangement: disclosed cash compensation: $225 billion plus an estimated 30-p.c in benefits equals $292 billion).
2. THE SWAMP GETS BIGGER: 1.4 million disclosed workers in the manager agencies (non DOD and USPS) rose to a most recent-day excessive (2020) – up 3.7-p.c from 1.35 million workers in FY2016. Veterans Affairs with 421,542 workers was once the supreme executive company, and, since FY2016, headcount grew by 48,928 workers (13-p.c). Fatherland Safety with 210,253 workers, grew by 26,290 workers (14.3-p.c).
3. HIGHLY COMPENSATED BUREAUCRATS: 532,784 workers made $100,000+ in the 122 executive agencies (non DOD and USPS) — from 406,960 workers in FY2016 (up 31-p.c).
Furthermore, 37,631 workers made $200,000+ (up 52-p.c) and 7,692 workers earned $300,000+ (up 144-p.c). Dr. Anthony Fauci was once the most highly compensated federal employee — at some level of all agencies — for the 2nd year and earned $434,312.
4. A NEW MINIMUM WAGE: The in vogue pay was once $100,000+ in 100 of 122 executive agencies (non DOD and USPS) and departments. 26,853 federal workers out-earned each and every state governor ($225,000 | Contemporary York).
5. PAID TO STAY HOME: 44-days of paid-atomize day (PTO) on average for bureaucrats employed in the manager agencies (non DOD and USPS) – 11 holidays, 13 unwell days, and 20 shuttle days. The estimated taxpayer subsidy of this profit is $22 billion yearly.
6. THE $15 MILLION MAN: The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), a quasi-public federal company, paid their CEO Jeffry Lyash $15.5 million in salary, retirement and varied benefits over a two-year duration, FY2019-FY2020. The TVA is a federal entity, however doesn’t for the time being receive taxpayer funding.
7. VA EMPLOYMENT FARM: Since 2012, Veterans Affairs added 106,037 contemporary positions to payroll, but finest 6,674 had been scientific doctors (Medical Officers). Most productive one in each and every sixteen contemporary positions had been scientific doctors.
8. BLOATED WHITE HOUSE PAYROLL: The Biden White Condo is the most costly in historical previous with over 560 workers and $50 million annual payroll expense. By comparison, President Trump employed 377 staffers with an inflation adjusted $40 million payroll in his first year (2017).
9. ARMED BUREAUCRATS: Federal workers (non-DOD) with firearm authority (200,000+) now exceeds the want of U.S. Marines (186,000). Workers in 103 agencies with firearm authority encompass 69,000 at Department of Justice; 63,000 at Fatherland Safety; and even 4,547 law enforcement officials at Veterans Affairs and a pair of,159 special brokers at the Internal Income Service.
10. TRANSPARENCY PROBLEMS: 259,000 names had been redacted accounting for an estimated $25 billion in cash compensation for the length of the manager company payroll (non DOD and USPS). The want of redactions grew from 3,500 in FY2016. Department of Protection: finest disclosed the 698,547 civilian workers with salary, title and department, however redacted all names. The U.S. Post Place of job disclosed 678,537 workers, however redacted all bonuses.
As well, one other $225 billion in estimated compensation remains hidden and no longer field to the oversight of this file: an estimated $100 billion in non-disclosed salaries of the 1,379,800 million active militia contributors; and one other $125 billion in undisclosed pension-retirement annuity payouts.