The U.S. has area up a coronavirus vaccination location for Afghans arriving on the Dulles International Airport in Virginia, a White House first rate told Axios.
Negate of play: Upon arrival, all Afghan evacuees are first tested for the virus and vaccines are then provided to of us who test unfavorable. The Federal Emergency Management Company area up the vaccination location on the Dulles Expo center, and the vaccines are being administered by the Department of Health and Human Products and services, the White House first rate stated.
- Negate Department translators are on hand to answer to any vaccine-linked questions.
- The evacuees are being provided the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Of us who test certain for COVID-19 are put in quarantine.
- AP first reported the legend.
Between the traces: All “humanitarian parolees” are required to assemble vaccinated for coronavirus in the occasion that they discontinue no longer possess proof of prior vaccination.
- They are also required to assemble vaccinated for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) and polio.
What they’re announcing: “This operation has been stood up in accurate time to make certain we’re no longer losing one minute and making obvious all people arriving in the usa is in a location to enter the country safely and no longer spread COVID-19,” the White House first rate stated.
The sizable picture: About 1.2 million vaccine doses had been administrated in Afghanistan, a country of 40 million, as of Aug. 20, per the World Health Organization.
- UNICEF confirmed earlier this week that there became an 80% drop in vaccinations after the Taliban takeover of the country as of us prioritized their “security and security.”
What to search: A second mass vaccination location for arriving Afghans is expected to be launched soon on the Philadelphia International Airport.
Editor’s display cover: This legend has been as much as this point with additional miniature print.