UFC Vegas 19 weigh-in results: Several opponents miss weight, legend miss causes cancelation
UFC Vegas 19 is green-lighted following Friday’s respectable weigh-in, but it wasn’t with out a colossal choice of disorders.
After Curtis Blaydes and Derrick Lewis had their previously scheduled date derailed by COVID-19, neither had a project main up to Saturday’s UFC Vegas 19 heavyweight headliner.
Blaydes stepped on the scale at 259 pounds, while Lewis weighed 263 pounds.
Several UFC Vegas 19 opponents miss weight, including a legend miss
The UFC Vegas 19 co-major tournament, on the opposite hand, didn’t bound over so simply. Ketlen Vieira, who is attempting to bound up the bantamweight division, passed over weight by two pounds, weighing 138 pounds.
Her opponent, Yana Kunitskaya tipped the scale at 135.5 pounds.
Three various opponents passed over weight, as neatly. UFC Vegas 19 prelim characteristic fighter Jared Gordon became as soon as four pounds over for his featherweight tilt with Danny Chavez, who simply made weight.
Bantamweight Drago Rodriguez passed over by 4.5 pounds for his bout opposite Aiemann Zahabi, who became as soon as on point at 136 pounds. All non-title fights are allowed a one pound overage to be thought to be as making weight.
The largest miss of the fight card, on the opposite hand, became as soon as Rafael Alves. His opponent, Patrick Sabatini weighed 145.5 pounds for their featherweight fight, but Alves became as soon as an astonishing 11.5 pounds over the allowed limit. He stepped on the scale at 157.5 pounds for the bout.
Normally, UFC officers are ready to negotiate an penalty from the fighter who passed over weight, which goes to the fighter who made weight in recount to purchase care of the bout intact.
Normally, the fighter missing weight would forfeit 20 to 30 p.c of his or her fighter purse to the opponent.
As of the time of newsletter, officers had no longer but confirmed which bouts would dwell intact and which of them would be canceled.
It is miles extremely unlikely that the Nevada Declare Athletic Commission would enable the Alves vs. Sabatini bout to continue, pondering Alves’s miss became as soon as so egregious.
UFC Vegas 19 update on opponents missing weight involves cancelation
- Ketlen Vieira weighed in above the bantamweight limit. She forfeits 20% of her purse to her opponent. Battle proceeds as scheduled.
- Jared Gordon weighed in above the featherweight limit. He forfeits 30% of his purse to his opponent. Battle proceeds as scheduled.
- On account of weight management disorders with Rafael Alves, his bout with Patrick Sabatini has been canceled.
- Drako Rodriguez weighed in above the bantamweight limit. He forfeits 30% of his purse to his opponent. Battle proceeds as scheduled.
UFC Vegas 19: Blaydes vs. Lewis fight card
UFC Vegas 19 Predominant Card (8 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
- Predominant Match – Heavyweight Bout: Curtis Blaydes (259) vs Derrick Lewis (263)
- Co-Predominant Match – Ladies’s Bantamweight Bout: Ketlen Vieira (138)vs Yana Kunitskaya (135.5)
- Featherweight Bout: Charles Rosa (146) vs Darrick Minner (146)
- Heavyweight Bout: Aleksei Oleinik (240) vs Chris Daukaus (234)
- Middleweight Bout: Phil Hawes (185) vs Nassourdine Imavov (185.5)
- Heavyweight Bout: Andrei Arlovski (249.5) vs Tom Aspinall (244.5)
UFC Vegas 19 Prelims (5 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
- Featherweight Bout: Jared Gordon (150)vs Danny Chavez (145)
- Lightweight Bout: Drakkar Klose (156) vs Luis Pena (155.5)
- Bantamweight Bout: Eddie Wineland (135.5) vs John Castaneda (136)
- Featherweight Bout: Nate Landwehr (146) vs Julian Erosa (145.5)
- Featherweight Bout: Rafael Alves (157.5)vs Patrick Sabatini (145.5)
- Ladies’s Flyweight Bout: Shana Dobson (126) vs Casey O’Neill (125.5)
- Featherweight Bout: Chas Skelly (146) vs Jamall Emmers (145.5)
- Bantamweight Bout: Aiemann Zahabi (136) vs Drako Rodriguez (140.5)*
- Heavyweight Bout: Serghei Spivac (245) vs Jared Vanderaa (265)
UFC Vegas 19 weigh-in video: Curtis Blaydes and Derrick Lewis produce weight
(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube)