Giga Chikadze topped the UFC Vegas 35 outcomes on Saturday night time with a third-round stoppage of Edson Barboza in Las Vegas. Two contemporary Final Warring parties had been topped to boot with the finals of season 29 of The Final Fighter.
UFC Vegas 35 outcomes: Giga Chikadze shines with third-round TKO victory over Edson Barboza in major tournament
No. 10 ranked featherweight contender Giga Chikadze was successful within the UFC Vegas 35 major tournament, as he defeated no. 9 ranked contender Edson Barboza by third-round TKO.
The necessary half of the first round was a feeling out assignment with both Barboza and Chikadze showing patience. Then one more time, toward the 2nd half of the first, Chikadze perceived to shift into a greater instruments, inspiring forward at some stage within the rest of the round, whereas landing an array of punch combinations, leg kicks and physique kicks.
Barboza and Chikadze kicked off the 2nd with a more even inserting output. Chikadze continued to construct the most of his high-tail very efficiently and get openings, but as the round went on, Barboza began to assignment Chikadze’s rhythm a chunk and get his inserting alternatives. He landed some solid calf kicks and jabs and physique photos as the round closed.
The third round started off with some boxing, but 30 seconds into the round, Chikadze blasted Barboza with a correct jab, noticeably ravishing him. From then on, Chikadze was going for the carry out. He continued to stroll Barboza down and blasted him with a correct hook adopted by a flurry to fall Barboza. Chikadze then threw about a submission attempts that Barboza got out of. The battle then went assist to the feet, the place Chikadze dropped Barboza with a left hook to position the battle away 1: 44 into the third round.
UFC Vegas 35 outcomes: Bryan Fight gets 2nd-round submission victory over Gilbert Urbina to procure TUF 29 middleweight match
Bryan Fight, the closing bewitch for crew Volkanovski, was victorious within the co-major tournament of UFC Vegas 35, snagging a 2nd-round submission victory over brief watch have-in Gilbert Urbina to procure TUF 29 middleweight match.
The necessary round started off fleet. Fight and Urbina straight jumped into an array of inserting exchanges, with Urbina landing a takedown sooner than Fight got assist to his feet. Urbina was chronic despite the incontrovertible fact that, securing but one other takedown. Urbina maintained floor retain an eye on for roughly a minute and stayed active on high with floor and pound sooner than Fight was in a situation to glean assist as much as his feet. The battle stayed on the feet with Fight and Urbina ending the round with a slim inserting differential.
Fight started the 2nd round on the hunt, strolling down Urbina and throwing colossal photos. Urbina curbed Fight’s onslaught with a takedown shot, and maintained clinch retain an eye on for around half a minute sooner than Fight broke free. Urbina re-engaged on one other takedown attempt, but was one more time unsuccessful. Urbina threw a reverse spinning elbow when Fight therefore shot for his believe takedown. Fight was successful and straight took Urbvina’s assist. He softened him up with some floor and pound sooner than locking in a rear-naked choke making Urbina faucet 2: 15 into the 2nd round.
UFC Vegas 35 outcomes: Ricky Turcios edges Brady Hiestand with split decision victory to procure TUF 29 bantamweight match
The renaissance man of TUF 29, Ricky Turcios, captured a split decision victory over 22-yr-venerable fellow TUF 29 finalist Brady Hiestand to procure the TUF 29 bantamweight finale.
The battle was from the glean walk, with Turcios edging Hiestand within the inserting division at some stage in their three-round scrap. Trying at the numbers, Turcios landed a total of 201 strikes, with 100 of them being major strikes, in contrast to Hiestand’s 82 strikes landed (59 major strikes).
Whereas Hiestand customarily went to his bread and butter with takedowns, landing six of them at some stage within the battle, Turcios light proved to be a nuisance to Hiestand on the bottom, customarily landing strikes from his assist.
No topic the split decision leaning toward Turcios, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to snarl perchance Hiestand deserves one other battle within the UFC.
UFC Vegas 35 Results: Giga Chikadze def. Edson Barboza
UFC Vegas 35 Most major Card
- Most major Event – Featherweight Bout: Giga Chikadze def. Edson Barboza by TKO (punches) at 1: 44, R3
- TUF Middleweight Finale: Bryan Fight def. Gilbert Urbina by submission (rear-naked choke) at 2: 15, R2
- TUF Bantamweight Finale: Ricky Turcios def. Brady Hiestand by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Welterweight Bout: Daniel Rodriguez def. Kevin Lee by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Middleweight Bout: Andre Petroski def. Micheal Gillmore by TKO (elbows and punches) at 3: 13, R3
- Middleweight Bout: Gerald Meerschaert def. Makhmud Muradov by submission (rear-naked choke) at 1: 49, R2
UFC Vegas 35 Prelims
- Middleweight Bout: Abdul Razak Alhassan def. Alessio Di Chirico by KO (head kick) at 0: 17, R1
- Middleweight Bout: Wellington Turman def. Sam Alvey by split decision (27-28, 28-27, 28-27)
- Gentle Heavyweight: Dustin Jacoby def. Darren Stewart by TKO (punches) at 3: 04, R1
- Women folks’s Flyweight Bout: JJ Aldrich def. Vanessa Demopoulos by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Featherweight Bout: Pat Sabatini def. Jamall Emmers by submission (heel hook) at 1: 53, R1
- Bantamweight Bout: Mana Martinez def. Guido Cannetti by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
For an intensive library of video coverage, investigate cross-take a look at MMAWeekly.com’s First rate YouTube Channel.