Photography © Laurent Fau
Pineapple upside-down cake is a general address, nevertheless the clementines on this model elevate a flee of tartness to the desk—and a pop of colour!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush the cake pan with butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar. In a huge bowl, cream the butter with the granulated sugar and honey. Beat in the eggs, one after the other.
- The utilization of a aesthetic grater, zest the clementines. Bolt the zest into the batter. Squeeze 2 of the clementines and plug the juice into the batter.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a medium-sized bowl. Progressively add the flour combination to the batter till mixed, being careful to no longer overbeat the batter.
- Peel the final 3 clementines and decrease crosswise into slices factual below ½ plug thick. Arrange the clementine slices in the pan and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let the cake frigid to room temperature in the pan, then flip out and mud with confectioners’ sugar.
Gift: Eggs are extra with out concerns incorporated into any batter in the event that they’re at room temperature as an different of chilly out of the fridge.
Excerpted from © Miniature Patisserie by Christophe Felder and Camille Lesecq, Rizzoli Contemporary York, 2020. Photography © Laurent Fau.